Tuesday, May 31, 2011

FOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!

     Well, we started out the morning by going out shopping! This was their monthly shopping trip, so as you might expect, there was a lot of food to buy! We went to a warehouse type store that reminded me of a BJ's or a Sam's Club. I loved walking around and seeing all of the wonderful food. I was so glad that we ate breakfast before going, so I was not tempted to buy food. They even had Red Bull!! (And no, I did not buy any for those of you wondering!!)

     After shopping we had the chore of bringing all of the groceries up the stairs to the house! It seemed daunting at first, but many hands make light work and we got everything in really fast. After lunch we all rested for a bit and I worked on my Bible memory work and studied for another sermon.

     Tonight we went into town to the flower festival. A lot of the flowers were already gone sadly, but we had an awesome time fellowshipping with the Schrocks. While everybody walked around the festival, I went accross the street to the big Catholic church (The one I uploaded pics of last week) and went inside to see the architecture. They were conducting a mass, and I found it quite interesting. Many Catholics in the US would roll over dead if their church was like this one. Unlike the "normal" USA Catholic mass where it is very ritualistic with chants, prayers, and rituals; this service was more like a charismatic church. There was a praise team up front (With Electric guitars and an electric piano!! Not exactly the Pipe Organ Catholic church you think of in the US) and all the people in the audience had their hands raised swaying back and forth to the up-beat music. I was very surprised by this!

     After leaving the festival we went to a burger place in downtown Cuiaba. It was amazing!! You got to pick: Type of bread, type of meat, 1 sauce, 4 toppings, 4 cheeses, and 4 salads. Needless to say this had the potential of being a monstrous burger! Mine was: A regular hamburger on a Sesame seed bun topped with. . . Green pepper sauce, egg, olives, sausage, pepperoni, turkey, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese,  swiss cheese, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, and a tomato salad. .MMMMMMM is all I have to say. It was the best burger I have ever eaten.

     After finishing the monster burger we went to Extra, which is a Wal-Mart like store. They had everything from groceries to iPads, from clothes to dishes. It reminded me a lot of America.

     We made it back home about 11:00 PM all worn out and ready for bed. What an awesome day! Praise the Lord for His protection today, and for His great sacrifice at Calvary so that we can all go to Heaven to be with Him one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment